Reaching zero deaths on our roadways takes commitment from all of us, whether we drive, bike, walk, or roll.
Your pledge makes you a partner in our mission, raises awareness of roadway safety issues in the Twin Cities, and helps make sure everyone gets home safely.
I PLEDGE THAT...
As a driver, I will...
- Expect to see pedestrians everywhere
- Be sure to look for and yield to pedestrians when turning at traffic signals
- Come to a complete stop for people in crosswalks and allow for them to cross
- Never pass a vehicle stopped at a crosswalk
- Travel the speed limit (20 mph in Minneapolis & Saint Paul unless otherwise posted)
As a pedestrian, I will...
- Make my intention to cross clear to drivers
- Stay alert and not assume drivers will stop for me
- Cross at crosswalks
- Make sure a vehicle is clearly coming to a stop before I step out into traffic
- Obey traffic signals
As a bicyclist, I will...
- Be predictable by using hand signals
- Stop for pedestrians at crosswalks
- Stop at all stop signs and traffic signals
- Ride in the same direction as traffic and pass with care
- Use safety equipment including helmets and lights at night
Note - This link will open in a new tab